Cheese & Bean Quesadilla
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
400g can Red Kidney Beans
6 x 20cm round flour tortillas
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
2 shallots, finely chopped
¼ cup Taco Sauce
GLAD® SNAP LOCK® Bags
- Drain and rinse kidney beans, and roughly mash with a fork. Stir through taco sauce with a little salt and pepper.
- Lay tortilla on a flat work surface. Spread with a little of the bean mixture and sprinkle with cheese and shallots.
- Place another tortilla on top.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat with a little butter to grease.
- Place one quesadilla in the pan, making sure it remains flat. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and flip over to brown the other side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and mixture.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.
Quesadillas are delicious served with sliced ripe avocadoes and tomato salsa.
Quesadillas are perfect for lunchboxes and picnic snacks, and can be stored in GLAD® SNAP LOCK® Bags to keep them fresh and portable.
Recipe by Little Spoons Cookery for Kids