Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 120 minutes
500g Cooking Chocolate
200g Mini Marshmallows
1 cup Rice Bubbles
100g Glace Cherries
½ cup Shredded Coconut
GLAD® Bake & Cooking® Paper, cut into 8 x 15cm squares
- Cone moulds: Take a cardboard square and hold two of the opposite corners. Turn the two corners towards each other, pushing the right-hand corner behind the left, twisting the paper to form a cone shape. Sticky tape the sides. Repeat with the GLAD® Bake & Cooking® Paper squares and then place a GLAD® Bake & Cooking® Paper cone inside each cardboard cone.
- Under the supervision of an adult, place the small saucepan on the stove, half-filled with water, and bring to a simmer. Break the cooking chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Rest the heatproof bowl over the saucepan, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water, and melt the chocolate, stirring with a spatula. Once the chocolate has melted, carefully remove from the heat and place to one side to cool.
- Chop the marshmallows and the glace cherries roughly into small pieces.
- Add the coconut and the cherries into the cooled chocolate and stir, followed by the marshmallows and rice bubbles. Gently stir until mixture is just combined, taking care not to melt the marshmallows or crush the rice bubbles.
- Spoon mixture into each cone and rest cones on tray. Place in the refrigerator until set.
Leaving the rocky road inside the cardboard cone is an ideal way to serve these treats to children. Alternatively, the rocky road may be removed from the mould and presented on a plate either whole or sliced into round pieces.
This recipe is easy to adapt for gluten-free children. Simply switch out the rice bubbles for the gluten-free variety.
Feel free to put an individual twist on the rocky road. Dried fruit, nuts, even white chocolate can all be substituted into the recipe!
Recipe by Little Spoons Cookery for Kids