Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
½ Red Onion
1 Garlic Clove
1 tsp Olive Oil
100g Corn Kernals
½ cup Cottage Cheese
¾ cup Breadcrumbs
1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
1 ½ tsp Tomato Sauce
2 sheets Puff Pastry
GLAD® Bake & Cooking® Paper
- Preheat oven to 180oC and line a baking tray with GLAD® Bake & Cooking® Paper.
- Dice onion and crush garlic clove. Coarsely grate carrot and zucchini and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- With the help of adult, heat oil in a medium pan over the stove, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add carrot, zucchini, corn and cook for another 3 minutes until veggies are tender. Drain over a sink to remove excess liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and add cottage cheese, breadcrumbs, mixed herbs, tomato sauce and one egg. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half, spoon ¼ of the mixture horizontally across the pastry, brush opposite side with the other beaten egg and roll up pastry to enclose filling. Cut rolls into four even pieces.
- Line the baking tray with and brush with egg.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Other kinds of vegetables can be added into the filling. Try mashed pumpkin, sweet potato, diced mushrooms or capsicum.
Experiment by adding a teaspoon of fresh herbs into the filling. Parsley, oregano and thyme would give the rolls a different, distinct flavor.
Recipe by Little Spoons Cookery for Kids